Meet the Doctor
Meet David S. Hornbrook DDS, FAACD, FACE, FASDA
Dr. Hornbrook has been ranked by his peers as one of the world’s top 3 cosmetic dentists, and as the area’s top dentist in another peer survey by San Diego Magazine.
“As a smile designer,
I help people improve their
A member of the esteemed American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, he is one of only 62 dentists in the world to achieve Fellowship status, the highest level of recognition in the industry. His numerous awards and recognitions span the previous two decades.
A Dentist Who Relates to His Patients
When it comes to his patients, Dr. Hornbrook is seen just as much as a friend as he is a cosmetic dentist. His consultations are attentive, the appointments relaxing, and the doctor-patient relationship open and honest.
As a child, Dr. Hornbrook enjoyed painting, sculpture, drawing, and other hobbies that required a high level of dexterity and aesthetic sensibility. Growing up, his father was a physician and instilled a desire to help people live healthier lifestyles, but Dr. Hornbrook’s artistic talents lead him to the specialty of dentistry.
“Now that I have entered
my 30th year of practice,
I could never have imagined
how rewarding this profession
would be for me.”
Also an avid learner, Dr. Hornbrook implements the latest in industry-leading technology for our patient procedures. From state-of-the-art laser technology to partnering with Master ceramists, he upholds extremely high standards for each service available within our San Diego cosmetic dental office.
When he isn’t seeing patients or lecturing throughout the United States, Dr. Hornbrook is known for his love of surfing, snowboarding, biking across the desert and traveling with his sons.
An Educator and Leader in Cosmetic Dentistry
As a lecturing dentist, Dr. Hornbrook spends thousands of hours training other dentists in the field of cosmetic dentistry. It’s not uncommon for dentists to visit our practice to observe his techniques or have their own smile makeovers completed. From the time that he was a dental student at the University of California (Class of 1986) to his present occupation as an internationally acclaimed cosmetic dentist, Dr. Hornbook has been continually recognized for his expertise and artistic capabilities.
He is also co-founder of the prestigious Las Vegas Institute, which provides advanced aesthetic training to dentists seeking to perform a higher echelon of aesthetic services. Many LVI students come from all over the world to learn these state-of-the-art techniques.
- Fellowship American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 1995
- Accreditation American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 1990
- Completed California State Examining Boards, 1986
- Completed National Board Dental Exam, 1986
- University of California, Los Angeles – DDS conferred, 1986
- San Diego State University – Bachelor of Science, 1982
- A.T. Still University, Health Sciences, Kirksville, MO
- Adjunct Faculty, 2009
- University of Texas, Dental Branch, Houston, TX
Adjunct Faculty, 2004
- University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA
Adjunct Faculty, 2003
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 1989 – Present
- California Dental Association, 1986 – Present
- San Diego County Dental Association, 1986 – Present
Editorial Board Participation
- Signature Magazine, 1999 – Present
- Practical Procedures and Esthetic Dentistry, 1998 – Present
- Esthetic Dentistry Research Group, 1994 – Present
Honors & Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award GenR8TNext for Educational Excellence, 1999
- Mentor of the Year Award Crown Council, 1997
Contact our San Diego practice today to schedule your smile makeover consultation with our world renowned cosmetic dentist.