Cosmetic Dentistry in San Diego and La Mesa, CA
There are only 62 Fellows of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry in the world. Dr. Hornbrook is one of them. Not only is he a world-renowned lecturer and teacher, his peers have voted him as the top cosmetic dentist in San Diego and one of the top three cosmetic dentists in the world.
Many of our patients come from outside of San Diego for Dr. Hornbrook to care for their smiles. As “The Dentist’s Dentist,” he sees dentists for their own oral health concerns and spends thousands of hours each year educating other cosmetic dental professionals. It’s not uncommon for our patients to come from out of the state or even abroad for us to correct their dental issues. Dr. Hornbrook isn’t just skilled at changing smiles: it’s something that he absolutely loves to do.
We Work With The Best
Your smile is forever; that’s why we only work with master ceramists in cases of complex dental veneer or dental crown fabrication. This step assures the highest quality and attention to detail possible. It’s what Dr. Hornbrook would want for his own smile.
Planning Your Smile Makeover
During your smile makeover consultation, we reserve approximately two hours to thoroughly assess your smile and discuss your specific goals with you. No detail is left out. Please be sure to put us into contact with your previous dentist (if applicable) so that we can request copies of recent x-rays and exams, as this can save you valuable time.
The first phase of your consultation will involve a detailed interview with one of our staff, followed by a tooth-by-tooth exam with Dr. Hornbrook. After he recommends the appropriate treatment, we will outline your entire care plan, including the cost and financing options. The more open and forward you are about your priorities, the better!
Coming from out of town? We are happy to assist you with planning travel or lodging. Depending on the situation, you may be able to stay in town for a few weeks as we complete the various phases of your smile makeover.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment Available
As Dr. Hornbrook plans your aesthetic treatment, he may recommend a combination of cosmetic dentistry services such as:
- Professional Teeth Whitening: Choose between our in-office and take home whitening systems, or opt for “power whitening” that combines them both at a reduced price. The cost of your whitening will depend on the type of treatment that you choose, but ranges between $300 to $700 and is very easy to maintain.
- Porcelain Dental Veneers: A beautiful set of veneers can transform everything about your smile. The number of veneers that you choose will depend on the size, shape, and color of your teeth. Feel free to view some of our before and after photos for inspiration. Each veneer case also includes a wax up to preview what your treatment will look like before Dr. Hornbrook begins. Because we use only the best veneer materials and Master ceramist, a typical veneer case will cost between $2,000 and $3,000 per tooth.
- Composite Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is used to cover minor flaws, chips, or gaps in your smile when a crown isn’t necessary. Most dental bonding cases cost between $185 to $800 to complete (depending on how many areas are involved).
- Gum Recontouring: Sometimes our teeth can be beautiful but the shape of our gingival tissues can give us a “gummy” smile. Gum recontouring can help your teeth to appear fuller and healthier, and is a perfect complement to new veneers or bonding. This straightforward aesthetic procedure costs between $425 and $2,000, based on the number of areas being treated.
- Invisalign Braces: Correct mild to moderate tooth misalignment with these clear, removable orthodontic aligners. While the length of your treatment will impact the overall cost of Invisalign, most clear braces systems will cost between $4,600 to $6,500 to complete.
Ongoing Maintenance for Long Lasting Results
For local smile makeover patients, Dr. Hornbrook will want to assess your teeth at least once a year for continued maintenance purposes. We understand that many people return to their previous dentist for ongoing care, but if you do not have a general provider we are happy to assist you. Call Hornbrook Center for Dentistry today to book your cosmetic dentist consultation at our San Diego cosmetic dental office in La Mesa, CA.